|« Islam vs. the West||12 of 12 - Sunday Seminarian »|
The seminary has been treating me well. Course work is manageable, fellow seminarians are good company, and life is pretty good.
But this weekend I find myself thinking about the things I miss back in North Dakota. I even came up with a list:
- Bicycle riding
- Motorcycle riding
- Open space
- A lack of blaring sirens
- My comfortable desk chair
- Peace and quiet (the hallways are noisy here)
- My massive, comfortable, queen-sized bed
- Time for geocaching
- Movies at the Grand Theaters
- Freedom to wear blue jeans
- Familiarity with my surroundings. I need directions to get anywhere here.
- Pleasure reading
- Highways 1804, 1806, and 43
- Bismarck paved bike/walking paths
- Mountain bike trails overlooking Pioneer Park
Through my life, but especially in the last five or six years, I have traveled all over the country and even the world. But I've never been away from North Dakota for this long a period of time. It sure is home, and I'll be happy to get there. I am flying to Fargo on Tuesday for Turkey Day. Our family is meeting in Fargo at the home of my grandparents, and I will be very happy to see them.